Mind of the Athlete Keynote Speaking
Dr. Spencer's signature keynote speech is entitled Mind of the Athlete: Clearer Mind, Better Performance. This one hour speech teaches athletes how their mind works best. It explains the role of the preconscious mind and why it is so important to high performance. Dr. Spencer will both educate and entertain his audience towards a deeper understanding of mental health. His unique ability to emotionally connect with athletes causes his speeches to have a lasting impression. Learning objectives for this speech include:
- Understanding a model for how the mind works
- Raising awareness on symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Identifying the "5 Hurdles" that trip up most athletes
- Learning the 5 steps to attaining a clearer preconscious mind
- Learning why alcohol and drugs negatively impact the mind
- Connecting with extensive sports psychology resources
Keynote Speaking Fee: $2,500 + travel
Keynote Speaking Upgrade: $995
Dr. Spencer will provide the additional services once on location:
Athletic Administrators’ Exchange:
During this hour-long interactive session, athletic administrators will discuss the overarching presence of mental health needs and resources within their athletic department. Together, Dr. Spencer will assist them in developing positive, proactive measures to enhance the safety and well-being of the emotional health of their athletes and coaches.
Mind of the Coach Roundtable:
Coaches often express that one of their greatest challenges is dealing with the emotionality of today’s athletes. This hour-long roundtable question and answer session will address, empower and equip coaches on this very topic. Dr. Spencer will field questions and address concerns from coaches related to relevant sports psychology topics within their own teams. He provides coaches with sound knowledge, skills, and the resources needed to better manage the identified concerns.
Mind of the Athlete: Clearer Mind, Better Performance Book
50 signed paperback copies of Dr. Spencer's latest book will be provided.
Mind of the Athlete Program:
The Mind of the Athlete Program is an innovative 10+ hour video/audio/worksheet sports psychology curriculum. Contained on a unique flash drive, your school will have the license to share The Program’s content with everyone in your athletic department. The curriculum can easily be transferred onto a person’s computer or shared by a password protected school intranet site. This allows for quick access to all material during the many hours of travel to and from sporting events.
Additonal Keynote Speaking Topics:
- Sleep: The #1 Factor in Performance
- Performance Anxiety: Less Nervousness, More Excitement
- The 5 Hurdles: How Athletes Often Fall & Can Rise Again
- Confidence: Deepen Your Level of Self-Belief
- Cell Phones: Our Generation's Form of Cigarettes